June 3, 2023 - Mixed Doubles Cinderella/Handsome Prince Tournament. Sign-up information TBA a month prior to the event.
Dear Pickleball Club Members:
When signing up for the Pickleball Spring Fun League, you MUST sign up on line on the Pickleball Website, and you MUST turn in your Sign-up form and $12.00 check to the Pickleball Mailbox in Anthem Center the same day.
You will not be registered for the Fun League until BOTH steps are taken.
Individuals who take both steps in signing up will be registered first.
Click here for registration form.
THANKS A MILLION VALENTINE CLASSIC
SOCIAL ROUND ROBIN ( CTS 1-8) to be held on February 11th
This is a fun SOCIAL Round Robin - open to all players!
IN ADDITION TO COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION FORM AND TURNING IN YOUR FEE, YOU MUST ALSO SIGN UP ON LINE ON THE PICKLEBALL CLUB WEBSITE!
- You will register as an individual player
- Players will be paired with a different partner each round
- Gender Neutral (your partner may be male or female
- At the end of each round winning team will draw two (2) cards from a deck and the loosing team will draw one (1) card from the deck
- Two winners will be determined at the conclusion of all rounds based on your card
- Players are encouraged to bring a Valentine card or letter thanking our troops
Click on registration form below.
Registration closes Sunday, February 5th at 5:00pm
Spring Fun League to begin on February 9th, 2023 and
Registration forms will be available on January 16th
• We cordially invite all our members to sign up for the Spring Fun League.
• We will have THREE leagues-BEGINNERS/INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED
•••PLEASE NOTE TIME CHANGE!
•••ADVANCED & BEGINNERS WILL BEGIN at 10:30 a.m. - INTERMEDIATE will begin at 1:30 p.m. (flyer indicates Intermediate will begin at 1:00 p.m.)
• WE will have SIX TEAMS in the beginner and advanced leagues, up to 10 teams in the intermediate league depending on how many players sign up.
• Format of League Play: 2 out of 3 games to 11, win by 2.
• League play will commence on Thursday February 9th and continue for 5 consecutive Thursdays thru March 9th.
- Please do not begin play in the morning before 7 AM
- When using the Liberty Center Facilities for bathroom breaks, you must have your SCA Activity Card with you.
See you on the courts!
Attached is the Pickleball Club Today January-February Newsletter,
As we all are aware, construction on the 8 new pickleball courts has started. Just as the demolition was going so well, it was discovered that there were additional cement slabs under each of the bocce courts. Due to this unforeseen issue, a soil test was done and it was determined the cement slabs can stay and the post-tension concrete can be poured over the slabs. When a construction restart date and a projected completion date is known, the Club will be notified.
Please note that means that the parking in the upper parking lot at the Liberty Center adjacent to the old bocce courts maybe open temporarily but you park there at your own risk as construction could start back up at any time.
It is recommended that you continue to park in the north or lower parking lots at Liberty Center as well as use street parking on Shadow Canyon Drive. There is NO PARKING on Somersworth Drive.
NOTE: This message is from the NEW 2023 BOARD MEMBERS. The current Board has no additional details to answer any of your inquiries regarding a club rating system. All inquiries will be forwarded to the new board for responses. Thank you for your understanding.
As the sport of Pickleball and our club continues to grow at a rapid rate, more demands are placed on our courts. We are thankful that we have 8 additional courts on the horizon however, more play demands more organization of court time. The 2023 Board would like to survey the club members to determine if a player rating system would bring value to our club. No rating system will be perfect, but it should improve a player's probability of having an equitable match.
Ratings may also be used to organize round robins, meetups, drop-in play, placement in club events and training clinics. It can help organize some courts for those who seek like skill levels while leaving other courts designated for open play for all skill levels. Ratings would be based on both self-assessment and skill demonstration and is completely voluntary. As players improve, they would have an opportunity to be re-rated to a higher level. At this point, we would request that all club members take a couple minutes and complete the survey. Survey will be open from December 22 and will close on January 8. Click here to be taken to the club survey (make sure you are logged into website). If you have questions, you may use the "Contact Us" feature on website and choose "Club Rating Questions".
This note is a gentle reminder for those of you who may have forgotten to renew your club dues for 2023.
- 2023 Dues are $15 - You should pay your dues for 2023 before your membership lapses if you wanted to continue playing PB and having fun with the club. The deadline for renewal is February 28, 2023.
- Checks need to be made payable to Sun City Anthem Community Association, Inc. You can leave the “pay to” line blank—we have a stamp.
- Place your dues in an envelope in the pickleball club mailbox located just in front of the Anthem Fitness Center desk.
- Make sure to put your name, SCA#, current cell number & email address on the envelope so we can update your club membership information.
- If you have any other questions, please go to our website. Select “Contact Us”, then select “Membership” to email the club. We will respond ASAP.
Thank you and see you on the courts!